Energy Law and Policy
Mena Chambers Energy Team (MCET) provides first class law and policy advice and assistance to its clients on all aspects of the energy sector. MCET is a dedicated group of highly qualified experts on energy, energy efficiency and related environmental aspects.
Combining the unique and complementary experience of its members, MCET is in an unparalleled position to deliver comprehensive advice and efficient assistance in most legal and policy aspects of the energy sector, from one single source.
Government and Public Entities
MCET offers governments and public entities a diverse array of policy and legal services across the energy cycle, including:
- Devising comprehensive strategies for implementing energy market reforms
- Providing in-depth assessment of the economic, policy, technical and regulatory reforms essential for achieving sustainability and energy efficiency
- Advising on energy policies and regulatory structures, including integrating renewable energy into the overall energy mix, energy efficiency and energy related environmental aspects
- Assisting with the negotiation of potential energy and infrastructure projects, including joint ventures and Public-Private Partnerships
- Assisting with negotiation and re-negotiation of oil, gas and other energy contracts, including licensing terms and conditions
- Advising on the organisational and institutional set-up of governmental bodies in the energy sector
- Preparing energy policy reports and providing advice on all aspects of the energy cycle
- Organising training for government officials on policy and regulatory aspects of the energy sector
- Advising on matters of international law that are relevant to cross-border energy transactions
- Advising on the methods and principles of tarification of energy transport and transit
- Representing and advising governments with potential and existing energy investment disputes, including international arbitration claims under bilateral and multilateral investment treaties.
MCET offers national and international energy companies a wide range of services, including:
- Analysing and assessing the impact of governmental energy policies and regulations
- Providing input into market business analysis to facilitate viable and successful business and investment deals in the energy sector, particularly in the MENA region, Eurasia and Europe
- Assisting energy companies and energy intensive industries with prospective joint venture energy projects and related transactions
- Representing and assisting private investors with energy related disputes, including mediation, litigation and arbitration.