Energy Charter Treaty
Our Energy Charter Treaty team is led by Professor Adnan Amkhan Bayno, an international law and energy law specialist, with more than 20 years of experience, covering all aspects of the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT).
Mena Chambers’ ECT team offers advice to governments, international organisations, multinational corporations and other public and private entities on all aspects of the Energy Charter process and the ECT, including:
- Investment disputes arising under the ECT
- Expert reports, legal opinions, and broad analysis of any aspect of the ECT
- Assessment of energy investment projects from the perspective of the ECT
- Trade, transit and transport regimes
- Cross-border energy transportation agreements
- Compliance and accession procedures
- Energy Charter Treaty arbitration.
In order to form a comprehensive view of the challenges faced by our clients and the context within which those challenges arise, our team includes specialised energy analysts and policy experts.